Community is looking for an Account Director (XM) to join our creative family.
The Account Director (AD) reports directly to the VP, XM & Communications, North America and is the day-to-day lead on the XM account(s) and the key point of contact for the client(s) and Account Services.
The AD XM is responsible for all program strategy and planning, managing process, program accountability, metrics reporting, junior team mentorship and profitability associated with their respective XM programming and deliverables. The role involves organic business development, vendor negotiation/management, the development and oversight of programs, and accountability to assigned budgets. S/he, therefore, must be a highly strategic senior leader who passionately champions ideas and inspires great work – and who can, importantly, apply this thinking and produce results. Actively building and growing strong positive relationships with internal colleagues, partners and clients, alike, is key to the success of this role. The Account Director, XM excels at developing and mentoring those within his/her own account team and takes on these coaching opportunities with ease, proactivity and passion, providing opportunities and guidance that will drive individual success and the success of the overall agency.
The AD is well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage workflow in an efficient and effective manner. S/he has excellent people skills, always exudes a professional character and must be well-prepared to excel in high pressure environments.
- Consistently pushes ‘big idea’ thinking – even when timing and budget may not allow
- Takes active ownership and accountability of all relevant projects, events and campaigns with the support of their team
- Builds and strengthens positive client relationships. Ensures all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manages their expectations and exceeds satisfaction by delivering innovative high quality work that pushes their business forward
- Leads an internal account team which may include an Account Manager(s), Account Executive(s) and Account Coordinator(s) – all of which the AD may be required to interview and hire. Trains and supervises all team members on all aspects of their day-to-day job roles and responsibilities and provides support and mentorship via annual performance and growth plans
- Fosters teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues including Account Services, Creative, Production, Digital and Senior Management. Supports and builds positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/buyers and promotional partners
- Assumes responsibility for developing and managing project budgets and work back schedules and proactively advises the team and client of any risks, delays or changes
- Writes strategic documents for client presentations, POVs and campaign/project plans – as well as program wrap and analysis reports. Gathers, assesses, and compiles relevant information to support these strategies and recommendations
- Has a line of sight to their client annual plans and actively adds strategic value beyond the immediate request or brief(s). Brings fresh insights to the client’s business that will help them deliver competitive advantage
- Can confidently talk about current news, topics, trends and events – and, importantly, associate relevancy and ‘connect the dots’ to the client’s product/service and industry and current or future projects
- Oversees on-site management, supervision, and coordination of marketing programs
- Identifies and problem-solves program challenges and consults with senior management to avoid them going forward
- Monitors program progress and recommends adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for working with the VP, XM & Communications, North America deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and identifying areas of organic growth
- Works with the senior team on new business prospects and pitches, upon request
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration or another related field
- 8 – 10 years of working knowledge and experience in advertising and/or marketing and/or experiential
- Is passionate about marketing and creating top-notch creative solutions for our clients
- Demonstrates a competitive edge through strong strategic, creative and innovative thinking and problem-solving that is solutions- and business-oriented
- Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Is highly analytical, leveraging rigorous logic, process and methods to generate effective solutions. At the same time, is able to make smart decisions quickly
- Is service-oriented and committed to building and strengthening relationships for clients and over-delivering upon their needs and expectations
- Is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a sense of urgency. Demonstrates an ability to think ahead and plan next steps
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment. We are a team of big personalities and big client personalities! Has a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and suppliers, alike
- Possesses excellent communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner and is confident speaking his/her mind, sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights, handling difficult situations and asking for help/solicit advice, when required
- Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure, change, risk or uncertainty
- Faces adversity and crises head on, providing clear direction. Does not avoid conflict or debate, but can manage through it and resolve, where required
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Committed to supporting and mentoring more junior team members and colleagues. Can deliver constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented. Meticulous about record keeping and reporting: weekly client status reports, critical paths; monthly wrap reports; knows latest projects; ensures appropriate signatures on all materials (both internally and for client approvals), and contact reports
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us. We’d love to meet you.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|