The Account Executive, Experiential Marketing (AE XM)reports directly to the Account Manager XM or his/her designate and is a key point of contact for the client(s).
The AE XM will support his/her Account Manager XM, Account Supervisor and Director XM on larger scale events and campaigns and/or solely manage the planning, development and execution of smaller- to mid-scale field marketing events and campaigns with support when required. He/she will help manage workback schedules, budgets, hiring and training. The AE XM actively maintains and grows strong positive relationships with internal colleagues, partners and junior to mid- level client relationships, alike. The AM XM displays the growth potential to think strategically and, importantly, to apply this thinking and produce results. He/she will build a track record of consistently delivering programs on strategy, on brief, on time and on budget – and to Community’s high project management standards. The AE XM helps to develop and mentor more junior team members and takes on these coaching opportunities with ease, proactivity and passion.
The AE XM is well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage workflow in an efficient and effective manner. He/she has excellent people skills, always exudes a professional appearance and persona and must be well-prepared to excel in high pressure environments.
• Provides support to the Account Manager XM, Account Supervisor and Director XMin the ideation and program development and preparation of promotional staffing materials, schedules, working contracts, travel arrangements and training. Takes active ownership and accountability of all activities in which they are involved.
• Builds and strengthens positive client relationships. Ensures all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manages their expectations and exceeds satisfaction by delivering innovative high quality work that pushes their business forward
•Helps to train, supervise and support more junior team members, including Account Coordinators XM, Field Managers and/or Brand Ambassadors, on all aspects of their day-to-day job roles and responsibilities
• Fosters teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues including Account Services, Creative, Production, Digital and Senior Management.Supports and builds positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/buyers and promotional partners
• Manages and monitors project budgets and workback schedules and proactively advises the team and client of any risks, delays or changes
• Supervises field programs and events on-site and leads event setup and teardown, including lifting, packing, storage, travel and all coordination activities
• Identifies and problem-solves program challenges and consults with senior management to avoid them going forward
• Monitors program progress and recommends adjustments as necessary
• Helps with billing and invoicing, and coordinates and delivers contact reports (within 24 hours of meetings/calls), weekly status reports and critical paths on a timely basis
• Works with the Account Manager XM to deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and to identify areas of organic growth
• Works with the senior team on new business prospects and pitches, upon request
Skills & Experience
Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration or another related field
• 2+ years of working knowledge and experience in experiential marketing or an event execution-based role
• Working knowledge and experience in client management – and/or client services at an agency
Experience in the alcohol beverage industry is an asset, but not a requirement
• Is passionate about marketing and creating top-notch creative solutions for our clients. Hands-on creative and design experience is an asset, but not a requirement
• Is service-oriented and committed to building and strengthening relationships for clients and over-delivering upon their needs and expectations
• Is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a sense of urgency. Demonstrates an ability to think ahead and plan next steps
• Has a work hard, play hard attitude. Always on.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment. We are a team of big personalities and big client personalities! Has a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and suppliers, alike
• Possesses excellent communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner and is confident speaking his/her mind, sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights, handling difficult situations and asking for help/solicit advice, when required
• Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure, change, risk or uncertainty
• Faces adversity and crises head on, providing clear direction. Does not avoid conflict or debate, but can manage through it and resolve, when required
• Possesses strong financial and budget management skills
• Is highly organized and detail-oriented. Strong reporting skills. Meticulous about record keeping and reporting: weekly client status reports, critical paths, monthly wrap reports; knows latest projects; ensures appropriate signatures on all materials (both internally and for client approvals); contact reports (within 24 hours of meeting)
• Has some experience in developing and executing advertising, sales promotion, direct mail, customer loyalty programs, promotions, and online marketing solutions (digital and social) – and has a natural curiosity and passion for continuing to grow and strengthen this knowledge and expertise
• High level of proficiency in Power Point, Word and Excel
Other Relevant Requirements
• Ability to travel 30% of the time from May – September.
• Must have a valid passport, ‘G’ driver’s license, clear criminal record and be able to lift a minimum 30lbs.
Community Core Values
• Being a leader and being part of something special
• Creativity, imagination and the relentless pursuit of detail (never being satisfied)
• Intellectual talent and depth, coupled with a relentless dedication to the client’s success
• Continuous self-improvement
• Mutual respect and dignity in all our relationships
• Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Calm and patient under pressure, change and tight timelines
|Salary||Depends on Experience|