Community is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our growing family.
The Account Manager (AM) reports directly to the Account Director and is a day-to-day lead on accounts and a key point of contact for clients.
The AM will support his/her manager on larger, more complex campaigns and will take lead on smaller to mid-scale projects and clients on his/her own, with guidance where required. He/she will manage the creative development process from briefing through to execution, work flow and workback schedules, budgets and forecasts – demonstrating strong client management, financial and leadership skills throughout. The AM thinks strategically but can, importantly, apply this thinking and produce results. He/she will build a track record of consistently delivering creative and programming on strategy, on brief, on time and on budget – and to Community’s high project management standards. Actively maintaining and growing strong positive relationships with internal colleagues, partners and clients, alike, is key to the success of this role. The AM helps to develop and mentor more junior team members across disciplines and takes on these coaching opportunities with ease, proactivity and passion.
The AM is well organized, detail-oriented and is able to manage workflow in an efficient and effective manner. He/she has excellent people skills, always exudes professionalism and can stick handle high pressure situations with ease.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently pushes and is passionate about ‘big idea’ creative thinking – even when timing and budget may not allow
- Provides support to the Account Supervisor or Account Director on larger, more complex programming. Manages smaller to mid-scale projects and clients on his/her own. Takes active ownership and accountability on all activities in which he/she is involved
- Builds and strengthens positive client relationships. Ensures all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manages client expectations and exceeds satisfaction by delivering innovative, high quality work that pushes their business forward
- Fosters teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues including Account Services colleagues, XM, Creative, Production, Digital and Senior Management. Supports and builds positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/buyers and promotional partners
- Assumes responsibility for managing project budgets, process and timelines, and proactively advises the team and client of any risks, delays or changes. Identifies and problem-solves program challenges and consults with his/her manager to avoid them going forward
- Has a line of sight to client annual plans and actively adds strategic value beyond the immediate request or brief(s). Brings fresh insights to the client’s business that will help them deliver competitive advantage
- Can confidently talk about current news, topics, trends and events – and, importantly, associate relevancy and ‘connect the dots’ to the client’s product/service and industry and current or future projects
- Gathers, assesses, and compiles relevant information to support strategies and recommendations
- Reviews all creative/production material at every stage (including proofreading) to ensure adherence to brand guidelines
- Assumes responsibility for client financials including BCRs and billing, and coordinates and delivers contact reports (within 24 hours of meetings/calls) and weekly status reports and critical paths on a timely basis
- Works with his/her manager to deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and to identify areas of growth
- Works with the senior team on new business prospects and pitches, upon request
Skills & Experience required:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration or another related field
- 4-6 years of working knowledge and experience in advertising and/or marketing
- Is experienced in developing and executing advertising and online marketing solutions (digital and social are key) – and has a natural curiosity and passion for continuing to grow and strengthen this knowledge and expertise
- Is passionate about marketing and creating top-notch creative solutions for our clients
- Demonstrates a competitive edge through strong strategic, creative and innovative thinking and problem-solving that is solutions- and business-oriented
- Is service-oriented and committed to building and strengthening relationships for clients and over-delivering upon their needs and expectations
- Is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a sense of urgency. Demonstrates an ability to think ahead and plan next steps
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment. We are a team of big personalities and big client personalities! Has a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and suppliers, alike
- Possesses excellent communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner and is confident speaking his/her mind, sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights, handling difficult situations and asking for help/solicit advice, when required
- Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure, change, risk or uncertainty
- Faces adversity and crises head on, providing clear direction. Does not avoid conflict or debate, but can manage through it and resolve, where required
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Can deliver constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented. Meticulous about record keeping and reporting: weekly client status reports, critical paths; monthly wrap reports; knows latest projects; ensures appropriate signatures on all materials (both internally and for client approvals), and contact reports
- High level of proficiency in Power Point, Word and Excel
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|