Community is a creative lifestyle communication agency that caters to a diverse and discerning group of clients. Our number one goal has always been to deliver. We deliver on commitments, we deliver on effective strategies, we deliver distinctive and focused ideas, and we do so with passion and integrity.
Community is looking for an Intermediate Full Stack PHP Developer to join our creative family!
The Intermediate Full Stack Developer (FSD) will be responsible for designing and developing WordPress and Shopify based websites for our large base of clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about web technologies/security and is always keeping up with emerging technologies. As a FSD you will be expected to take ownership of a project, from participating in briefing meetings, receiving assets from our creative team, to deploying it into our hosting platform.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Development of web experiences from organizational websites to mobile web applications using best practices in responsive design
- Create custom WordPress and Shopify themes and plugins based on client needs
- Create and integrate external APIs with WordPress
- Create and deploy HTML based emails, websites, microsites
- Write and test well-documented code that is cross browser and cross device compatible
- Collaborate on the development cycle from time and resources estimation, through development, debugging and delivering
- Ensure security requirements for all web/mobile development
- Review and test all digital deliverables with keen attention to detail and quality assurance testing/ processes
- Server management for all client websites
- Participate in client meetings and new business pitches
Your Skills & Experiences:
- Technical SEO requirements
- Ability to use Photoshop to extract assets and do some minor image adjustments
- Basic knowledge of file manipulation on server through SSH (command line)
- Proven education, training and certification in computer science, web programming and or related fields.
- Ideally, at least 4-5 years of previous professional development experience
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan next steps
- Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure
- Strong coordination and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and follow-through capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to collaborate in a team environment
- A sense of urgency, working well under pressure and deadlines
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pulp&Fiber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Pulp&Fiber Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|