The Account Manager, Experiential Marketing (AM XM)reports directly to the Account Director, XM and is a day-to-day lead on the account and a key point of contact for the client(s).
The AM XMwill support his/her Account Director XMon larger scale events and campaigns or solely manage the planning, development and execution of smaller-scale field marketing events and campaigns with support when required. They/He/she will manage workback schedules, budgets, hiring and training – demonstrating strong client management, financial and leadership skills throughout. The AM XM actively maintains and grows strong positive relationships with internal colleagues, partners and junior to mid- level client relationships, alike. He/she recognizes and actions new and organic growth opportunities. The AM XM thinks strategically but can, importantly, apply this thinking and produce results. He/she will build a track record of consistently delivering programs on strategy, on brief, on time and on budget – and to Community’s high project management standards. The AM XM helps to develop and mentor more junior team members across disciplines and takes on these coaching opportunities with ease, proactivity and passion.
The AM XMi s well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage workflow in an efficient and effective manner. He/she has excellent people skills, always exudes a professional appearance and persona and must be well-prepared to excel in high pressure environments.
- Consistently pushes ‘big idea’ thinking – even when timing and budget may not allow
- Provides support to the Account Supervisor XMand Account Director XMin the ideation and program development and preparation of promotional staffing materials, schedules, working contracts, travel arrangements and training. Takes active ownership and accountability of all activities in which they are involved.
- Builds and strengthens positive client relationships. Ensures all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manages their expectations and exceeds satisfaction by delivering innovative high quality work that pushes their business forward
- Leads an internal account team which may include an Account Coordinator XM,Field Managers and Brand Ambassadors –all of which the AM XM may be required to interview and hire. Trains, supervises and supports all team members on all aspects of their day-to-day job roles and responsibilities
- Fosters teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues including Account Services, Creative, Production, Digital and Senior Management.Supports and builds positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/buyers and promotional partners
- Manages and monitors project budgets and workback schedules and proactively advises the team and client of any risks, delays or changes
- Supervises field programs and events on-site and leads event setup and teardown, including lifting, packing, storage, travel and all coordination activities
- Has a line of sight to client annual plans and actively adds strategic value beyond the immediate request or brief(s). Brings fresh insights to the client’s business that will help them deliver competitive advantage
- Can confidently talk about current news, topics, trends and events – and, importantly, associate relevancy and ‘connect the dots’ to the client’s product/service and industry and current or future projects
- Identifies and problem-solves program challenges and consults with senior management to avoid them going forward
- Monitors program progress and recommends adjustments as necessary
- Assumes responsibility for client financials including billing and invoicing, and coordinates and delivers contact reports (within 24 hours of meetings/calls), weekly status reports and critical paths on a timely basis
- Works with the AD XM to deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and to identify areas of organic growth
- Works with the senior team on new business prospects and pitches, upon request
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration or another related field
- 2+ years of working knowledge and experience in experiential marketing or an event execution-based role
- Working knowledge and experience in client management – and/or client services at an agency
- Experience in the alcohol beverage industry is an asset, but not a requirement
- Is passionate about marketing and creating top-notch creative solutions for our clients. Hands-on creative and design experience is an asset, but not a requirement
- Has experience managing a team of 2-4 people. Is able to delegate and manage the workloads of more junior team members.
- Demonstrates a competitive edge through strong strategic, creative and innovative thinking and problem-solving that is solutions- and business-oriented.
- Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Is highly analytical, leveraging rigorous logic, process and methods to generate effective solutions. At the same time, is able to make smart decisions quickly.
- Is service-oriented and committed to building and strengthening relationships for clients and over-delivering upon their needs and expectations
- Is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a sense of urgency. Demonstrates an ability to think ahead and plan next steps
- Has a work hard, play hard attitude. Always on.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment. We are a team of big personalities and big client personalities! Has a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and suppliers, alike
- Possesses excellent communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner and is confident speaking his/her mind, sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights, handling difficult situations and asking for help/solicit advice, when required
- Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure, change, risk or uncertainty
- Faces adversity and crises head on, providing clear direction. Does not avoid conflict or debate, but can manage through it and resolve, when required
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Committed to supporting and mentoring his/her team. Can deliver constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented. Strong reporting skills. Meticulous about record keeping and reporting: weekly client status reports, critical paths, monthly wrap reports; knows latest projects; ensures appropriate signatures on all materials (both internally and for client approvals); contact reports (within 24 hours of meeting)
- Is experienced in developing and executing advertising, sales promotion, direct mail, customer loyalty programs, promotions, and online marketing solutions (digital and social) – and has a natural curiosity and passion for continuing to grow and strengthen this knowledge and expertise
- High level of proficiency in Power Point, Word and Excel
Other Relevant Requirements
- Ability to travel 30% of the time from May – September.
- Must have a valid passport, ‘G’ driver’s license, clear criminal record and be able to lift a minimum 30lbs.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|