Community is looking for a Creative Director to join our team!
As a Creative Director (CD) you would be a source of vision, inspiration, and creative direction for the multiple account teams within a given portfolio of business. You would be responsible for helping to form strategies, shape creative vision, and liaison with the client and account teams to ensure that the creative product and its strategic goals exceed expectations of the client. The CD is expected to be able to present and expertly articulate the strategy behind the work of any Core Creative Team within their portfolio, as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Inspire and direct the creation and delivery of competitive, original, award-winning creative solutions
- Work directly with the Chief Creative Officer to develop creative vision
- Inspire and mentor a team of talented Creatives
- Collaborate with the Creative leads to develop talent across all creative disciplines
- Engage directly with the client services team to evolve and grow business within a given portfolio
- Establish and maintain communications processes with cross-disciplinary teams
- Assist with RFP planning, writing, and estimation
- Provide informal on-going performance feedback and provide formal reviews for all staff managed
- Direct and steer the development of client presentations and other important communication ensuring that it is clear, compelling and persuasive
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in content – both digital and broadcast
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior or management role
- A thought leader with highly creative ideas
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and retain a world class creative team
- Strong creative vision with understanding of business objectives and budgets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, projecting yourself confidently to explain ideas to client and internal teams
- Ability to provide articulate and creative notes, and other feedback
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Design experience is an asset
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
Please include your PDF portfolio and/or link to your website with your application.
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
Pulp&Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|