Community is looking for a HR Manager to join our creative family!
In this comprehensive and dynamic role, the Human Resources Manager reports directly into the Chief Operations Officer and leads the entire HR function.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead recruitment strategies and full-cycle processes across all levels of the organization. This includes assisting in the creation of role descriptions, candidate generation and screening, coordinating interview schedules, negotiating employment details, and presenting and writing offers for all permanent and contract employees
- Partner with senior leadership team to support, communicate, and advise on all people related programs and policies
- Serve as the main point of contact for all employee relation questions and concerns
- Manage the onboarding process including internal employee set up and the orientation process
- Manage the off-boarding process including performing exit interviews and coordination of and participation in termination meetings
- Oversee HR administration of payroll, benefits and HRIS system
- Establish rapport and maintain strong relationships with partners, management, and staff alike
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of employment law and legislative updates, and work with legal counsel on various matters, when required
Experience, skills and requirements:
- 5 years + experience working in a HR generalist role with the ability to manage all aspects of HR
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources or a related field. CHRL (or in progress of completion) is an asset
- Experience working in a Marketing/Advertising environment is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Current knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Agile, flexible and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights
- Ability to manage many different projects with self-assurance under pressure, change or uncertainty
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and solutions-oriented
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pulp&Fiber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Pulp&Fiber Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|