The Network & Tech Support’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. This person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network consultants and designers to create optimal network design topologies and configurations.
- Work with end users and department heads to identify and document required network service levels and services for all in-house users and customers.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking hardware and software products.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of networking hardware and software products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of networking contracts and supervise contract-based installations, audits and upgrades.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
- Maintain servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems and workstation problems.
- Perform on-site analyze, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory.
- Logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, third party or in-house help desk support staff on network issues.
- Perform/supervise server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or +2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Linux/CentOS Server, Windows Server, Cisco, Network related certificates are helpful and will be considered but are not required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Mac OSX, Linux and Windows.
- Extensive application support experience with Adobe CC Suite.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including WiFi, iSCSI, NAS, Cisco, Avaya VOIP.
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Potential on-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Inspect and install cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pulp&Fiber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Pulp&Fiber Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|