Community is looking for a VP of PR to join our creative family!
The VP of PR reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for managing and executing the vision and direction of the PR department. In this unique role, the VP of PR must be a highly strategic senior leader who passionately champions ideas and inspires great work – and who can, importantly, apply this thinking and produce results. Integral to this role is overall internal accountability to agency and operational expertise.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and develop the PR team to align with agency goals and objectives
- Accountable for the execution of all PR programs and highly visible, large-budget projects
- Build and strengthen positive client relationships, ensuring all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner
- Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues
- Support and build positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/ buyers and promotional partners
- Manage resources appropriately and ensure optimum return on cost
- Develop and manage workback schedules, budgets, business forecasting, and the creation of marketing and measurement plans
- Coach and mentor within the team and across disciplines, providing opportunities and guidance to drive individual and agency success
- Administrative oversight (HR, recruiting, accounting, legal)
- Provide weekly status updates on program results/personnel, client program reporting, and reviews
- Develop strategic documents for client presentations, campaign and projects plans, and analysis reports
- Maintain line of sight into client planning and actively add strategic value and fresh insights beyond the immediate request or brief
- Deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and identify areas of organic growth
- New business development
Skills & Experience
- +15 years Canadian PR experience with
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Public Relations
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian media and influencer landscape with established relationships
- Solid proficiency developing creative communications strategy to address client business challenges based on insights
- Strong budget management and financial acumen
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Extensive experience in media relations, social media, and influencer relations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage and execute a variety of PR tactics
- Excellent client service skills, anticipating client and agency needs to deliver best results
- Ability to analyze traditional and non-traditional PR results
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment
- Committed to supporting and mentoring more junior team members and colleagues, delivering constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working from office full time once legislation allows
- Available to travel, as needed
If this person sounds like you, get in touch with us, we’d love to meet you.
Why work at Community?
- Great company culture – creative, collaborative, and casual
- We work hard and we play hard
- Weekly perks available to all employees
- We only hire the best – you’ll be working with, and learning from, top talent
- Rooftop deck, fully furnished.. Just saying.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pulp&Fiber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Pulp&Fiber Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
|Salary||Depends on Experience|